Tuesday, September 4, 2012

AndyLand: The Spiral of My Notebook

A little something I wrote about three years go. How I've changed, I can't even begin to tell you.

Yesterday, I stared at the clock.
Hoping it would move faster.
I drifted to a sudden shock
While English class couldn't be longer.

What a look!?!
Could it really be?
The spiral of my notebook,
Was staring back at me!

The green eye was clear,
The blurred images, seemed to vie.
A bond would form here.
Between my notebook spiral and I.

We had an adventure,
Together we fought.
You see, the time had to move faster.
We had one clear thought.

Settle the anchors!
A sea battle it is.
Raise the flag, ye sailors!
We can't miss!

The warriors of seconds attacked.
They gave us a gain.
These seconds really did lack.
Any sense of game.

I climbed to take cover,
And held down fast.
This battle was not over
Until the time was the past.

The seconds were defeated,
But the minutes,
They had not yet retreated.
They worked against their pivots.

"The time must move on!"
the blurred images shout.
I glanced there upon,
And the minutes grew stout.

The minutes grew short,
I reached for the bell,
A ring with support,
And the minutes fell.

Class ended that day,
And I couldn't believe,
My imagination went astray,
To place I'd never before weaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment