Thursday, May 31, 2012

AndyLand: Change

     I think the reason we so desperately hold on to the past and the memories it contains is because it's the only thing that doesn't change when everyone else does. People change without them even noticing. Sometimes for the good. Sometimes for the bad. We can't control anyone, even ourselves. At this very moment, all of us are changing. No matter how strongly we cling to the past, it's an irreversible process. All we can do is adapt. The fear I have of adapting is conformity. I don't want to be like anyone else. Existentialism proves that I'm constantly searching for my own identity. However, at the very core, all of humanity is alike by way of nature and by way of grace. To me, meaning and purpose are two vastly different ideas. On both a world and individual level, everyone is searching endlessly for their meaning and purpose. For me, the challenge is distinguishing the two obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment